Bifold closet doors sizes have different selection which you can choose according to your closet door opening. However each manufacturer also has their own sizes which become their standard so you need to search the size for individual manufacturer in more detail.
Type of bi fold closet door based on its size
- If you have door opening with 2 feet width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use two bi fold panels with 12 inch width to create the bi fold door.
- For door opening with 2 feet 6 inch width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use two bi fold panels with 15 inch width to create the bi fold door.
- If you have door opening with 2 feet 8 inch width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use two bi fold panels with 16 inch width bifold closet doors sizes.
- For door opening with 3 feet width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use two bi fold panels with 18 inch width to create the bi fold door.
- If you have door opening with 4 feet width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use four bi fold panels with 12 inch width to create the bi fold door.
- For door opening with 5 feet width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use four bi fold panels with 15 inch width to create the bi fold door.
If you have door opening with 6 feet width by 6 feet and 8 inch height then you can try to use four bi fold panels with 18 inch width bifold closet doors sizes.
Sliding closet door handles will make it easier to open or close the sliding door, which is why it would be very useful to have. Moreover with the right handle you will also get better decoration for your closet door.
Decorate your closet door with stylish handles
- Round pull stylish handle: this handle has round shape which you could use by grabbing the side of the handle to pull your sliding closet door open or close. You will need to mount this stylish handle by creating round hole on the closet door which will make your door looked more beautiful by its decoration.
- Pull rod stylish handle: this handle is the most popular sliding closet door handles which people usually used for their sliding door since you could get a good grip on the pull rod to open or close the sliding door. That is why you will find many styles on this handle from classic to modern handle which you could match with the style of your sliding closet door.
- Rectangular pull stylish handle: this handle is almost the same as the first handle, however you will get rectangular shape or even square shape instead of the usual round shape for your pull. This is why to install this stylish handle you will need to create rectangular shaped hole on your sliding door so you could mount it in.
- Material for stylish handle: if you want to purchase sliding closet door handles then you need to pay attention to the material used on the handle since you would then need to match the material of the handle with the material used on your sliding door to see if the handle could be incorporated with the sliding door. Much stylish material such as iron, chopper and even plastic material.
How to Install Sliding Closet Doors if you have old sliding door that you want to replace? Your old door might not be suitable for your room anymore since you already change the style on your room to a new one.
Here Is What You Need To Do To Install Sliding Door
- Removing your old sliding door from its track, usually the door could just as easy as lifting it up to remove it. But some door type has lock on the side of the track that you need to remove before you could lift and take out your old door.
- Remove your old sliding door track to learn how to install sliding closet doors. The track that placed on the top of the door frame should be removed easily by using screwdriver. Do not keep anything beside the door guides that already been mounted on the floor since it would be able to help you with the track. Only replace the door guide if they are really damaged.
- Sizing the new track, to help you doing it you could use your old door track and place it side by side with the new track. Cut down the new track with hacksaw so it would match with the track opening on your door frame.
- Now it is time to mount the new track that has been sized and place it on the opening where your old track used to be. Just screw them in the old place so you do not need to drill new place for your screw.
- Mount the roller as instructed by your sliding door kits. Some of the kits might already have pre mounted roller.
- Hang your new door back on the track you have build and now you have finish learning how to install sliding closet doors.
How to install bifold closet doors if you want it for your room? Then you need to learn how to install it yourself, but you should not have to worry since installing bi fold door is not as difficult as you think it will be. As long as you have all the necessary material and tools then you are ready to start.
Learn to install bi fold door for closet
- First you need to take the top track of the door and put it on the middle of your closet door opening. Take one of the end sides of the trail and make sure that it will touch the place where the bi fold door will rest when you open it. Drill holes to where the screw is supposed to be using drill bits then install all of the top track system using screw on the hole you have created.
- How to Install Bifold Closet Doors? Next you can install the bottom track system using the same way you have done to the top track system. Just make sure that the end side of the track is on the same position for top track system and for the bottom track system so the bi fold door would not get jammed when you operate it later on.
- Next is to install the dowels onto the holes which already available on the top system track of the door. For this step you need to follow the instruction which available on your track since different system has different kinds of dowels.
How to Install Bifold Closet Doors? Complete the step by installing the door panel inside the track, you can then adjust the height using adjusted available on the track system using screwdriver and see whether you are able to fold the door easily or not, adjust again when necessary.
How to fix sliding closet doors when you have door which cracking with annoying sound whenever you slide the door open or close? Moreover if the door is difficult to slide, then you can try to fix it with these easy steps.
Easily fix your sliding closet door
- Check the hanging mechanism on the upper frame of your closet door to see if there are something loose or come off from the system fix them if necessary. Check the bottom track of the sliding door to see whether the door is still place correctly on the track or if it is slightly out of the track then correct the placement when necessary.
- Check the track if there is some damage such as bend length which will make the door jammed or will make the front door to rub on the rear door. When this happened then you can try to fix the bend part using hammer, but if it still does not work then you might want to replace the track.
- How to fix sliding closet doors? Take out the sliding door from its track to gain fully access on the track. Take a sand paper and sand the edge where the wood door meets with the track to smoothen the edge of the track. With this your door will slide easier than before.
- For the door you need to purchase a wood lubricant which could be easily found on any local woodworking stores. Then apply it to the edges around the door where the door will rub against each other, with this the two door will not make any sound when slides against.
How to fix sliding closet doors? Put back the door back into the track, you might want to adjust on the height of the track to allow it slide smoothly.